Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dilemma 08: Which Comes First ???




Yesterday the first round of summer concerts in Bend were announced. We are a town of about 85,000 so good concerts don't come around every week. I have seen some great concerts in Bend (Jack Johnson, Talib Kweli, Matisyahu, Pedro the Lion, Death Cab for Cutie, Ben Harper, Damien Rice, Fiona Apple, and others)- but last summer's lineup was pretty weak sauce...

...in other words, the Bend concert scene owed me one. So announced for Memorial Day Weekend were Friday: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Saturday: Death Cab for Cutie, Sunday: Modest Mouse.

So my question to you all- tickets are $35 each plus service charge. Or, you could buy a 3 pack for $99 plus service charge. I really want to see Michael Franti & Death Cab- and most of my friends here really want to see Modest & Death Cab...should I just go for the 3 pack???

And finally, leave me a comment listing the three acts in order- starting with whom you would like to see most.

Thought this might be a little fun musical diversion from the bummer political news last night.
And also, while running last night I went for the summer of 2002 mix on my i-pod: finch-what it is to burn, yellowcard- one for the kids, and the used- self titled. Ahhhh memories...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Death Cab
Michael Franti
Modest Mouse

I think it would be rad to see Modest Mouse, I just like the other two way better.

3 pack

Anonymous said...

You better get to all 3 of those concerts! Summer...live music...in Bend...i'd go see Toby Keith under those circumstances...(not really, but still)

My order:
Modest Mouse (love them right now)
Death Cab
Michael Franti (nothing against the band, but getting a contact high at a concert is definitely last on my list.)

andrewGoodwin said...

Michael Franti
Death Cab
Modest Mouse

I've seen DCFC and they are awesome, but I'm very interested in seeing Michael Franti. I'm not much of a MM fan, but I guess it would be cool to see them.

Cass said...

I agree completely with kevin. I would go for the 3 pack though if you have the time, and if not, sell a day to someone else...

Ashley Owlita said...

This just in:

Opening for Death cab: The Decemberists & Rogue Wave

Opening for Modest Mouse: The National & The Breeders

Opening for Franti: TBA

Does this change anything?

Lewis Cash said...

Yeah, it does change stuff!!! The Decemberists! Good grief. That is going to be amazing. Oh how I hope I can go.

My orig order:
Modest Mouse
Death Cab
Franti

My new order (with The Decemberists):
Death Cab
Modest Mouse
Franti

Im Quinn said...

The openers change everything! I was just about to tell you how I saw Death Cab last year and it was certainly disappointing. But now with the openers, you have to go. We can't forget about Talib now either.

Caitlin Mackenzie said...

I was going to engage in your questioning. Until I read your very last comment and determined that I am far more intrigued in your "Summer of 2002" mix than anything else stated in your blog.

Where can I get my hands on that?!?!

Haha. Good to hear from you. Bummed you guys can't come out to camp this summer, but understandable. Congratulations on your new job opportunity.

Reid and I may be driving up to Portland this summer...if we could fit it in our schedule it would be awesome to swirl out to Bend for a day.

Anonymous said...

a few things...
one: Death cab, modest mouse, and michael franti... mainly because i want to see death cab another circumstance other than the day after bush won his re-election... they were not happy.
two: i remember waling by your mod in 2002 and you were listening to the used... and i was stoked because the coolest kid on campus liked a band that i did.

brittany said...

here's the deal. i think this is an experience thing, and you need to experience all three days.

it sounds like you're not so stoked on modest mouse, i saw them like five years ago and they were amazing. it was one of the most entertaining shows i've ever been to and i go to a lot of shows.

from what i understand, the new deathcab is the best thing they've ever done and you need to experience that. i was likely at that show quinn was at, and was way more into the opener... but the time before that, i was way down.

do three day... do it for phoenix...

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

Death Cab for sure. Rogue Wave is one of my favorite bands of all time. Seriously. I might have to come up to Bend just to see that show. Maybe we could call it a "consulting" trip and throw a little strategic planning into the whole thing? Let's talk.

Ashley Owlita said...

Sounds good to me!!!! We'll show you a great time! Adam has expressed interest too! This could be amazing!