Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Old Man... i'm a lot like you...24 and there's so much more


Thanks to everyone who contributed to dilemma 08! I will keep you updated as we move closer to the date, and my decision.

This week I read two posts that made reference to growing old- both mentioned some of the lighter side of getting older. I think laughter, and sometimes poking fun at ourselves makes it easier to cope with the fact that growing old means having more responsibility. Ahhh..responsibility, quarterlife, and adulthood- gotta love it.

I thought this might be a cool opportunity to make each other laugh. List in the comments section some of the funny parts about growing old- Reid mentioned "drinking coffee at McDonalds for hours," and Quinn threw out watching Murder She Wrote & a new found affinity for talk radio.

What can you add to the list?

Oh, and check out my friend Caro's blog- it is one of my new fave reads. She lives and works in the political arena of New York City. Hear her thoughts on the recent Governor scandal, get tips on running, and learn about how being a bitch is the new black.

3 comments:

Caro said...

Thanks for the props in this post! You are the best. :)

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

I thought Barack was the new black...

I just turned 23. Admittedly, it's not as old as others - I'm looking at you, Quinn - but I am still in college, and that makes me feel old. My peers have no idea who Captain Planet is, and don't get Saved By The Bell references. But that's all the complaining I can do about my age. Interested to hear others' thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Wait until you hit around 40! You won't believe the things that happen. Your body starts turning on you, you get aches in places you didn't know could ache! The funniest thing is that you can still get a zit which immediately reminds you of those frustrating adolescent years. One of the funniest things that has happened to me is to look in the mirror and see the guy with grey hair and do a double take! I honestly picture myself in my head when I was about your age and sometimes I am shocked, literally shocked that I am almost 43. It creeps up on us! So far, this is the best decade of my life though. I love it and life has a much better value to me at this age. I cherish everything more than I did when I was younger. Just a few thoughts. It's fun watching you guys grow older too.