Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In Defense of Mr. West's Blog




Yes...I am a fan of Kanye West

Bought all three albums on day they came out: check
Seen him in concert: check
Really want to see his Glow in the Dark Tour w/ N.E.R.D. & Lupe Fiasco: check

And finally, added his blog to my blogroll links: check
He probably has the best "link-based" blog around...with new features on art, design, architecture, music (mostly indie), and such...updated a few times daily.

Check it out before you hate. The pics on this post were taken from two of his most recent posts.

If you are in Phoenix, See you all RISE UP style this weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Kanye,

Although his is quite the ego maniac, you cannot deny that he makes quality music.

Lewis Cash said...

Obv the "check it out before you hate" comment was directed at me (and other who don't like Kayne). Of course, I did give it a shot before I judged it.

Honestly, it is a really cool blog. But I thought that it was really ironic that the first post on there when I visited was titled, "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME STOP POSTING YACHTS!!!" While that yacht posted was super sweet (with all its green features) it still sorta plays into the stereotype of the culture that Kayne is a part of being all about the bling and money and, in this case, yachts.

Lewis Cash said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have seen N.E.R.D. live before and I wanted so badly to enjoy them (at your and everyone's recommendation) but they were terrible. I truly have nothing good to say about their performance.

Ashley Owlita said...

haha...yes...kanye's blog def has a little "lifestyles of the rich and famous" thing going on- But...i think the cool and innovative outweigh the oh, that's just stupid - haha

and i will agree with you nole about n.e.r.d. There first album was amazing....second album sucked...and the festival performance i saw of theirs was pitiful...as producers (the neptunes) they are genius...i think i am hoping for a genius third record and a performance worthy of a band that is touring on their third record.

Also, Kanye, Lupe, and Pharrell (from n.e.r.d.) are forming a supergroup called Child Rebel Soldiers...I am hoping to hear some of this material as well...the only song i have heard from them was over a Thom Yorke's song Eraser (feat the radiohead frontman on the chorus).

Lewis Cash said...

Its not a secert that I pretty much hate anything hip-hop... but covering a Tom Yorke song? That might just peak my interest.