Thursday, April 3, 2008

There's a First Time for Everything



Hey friends...

This last month has been filled with a bunch of "firsts" for me. I thought I would share a few of them with you...

First time steadily working out: Yes, I got a gym membership at the local parks & rec gym here in Bend. It has been a great opportunity to de-stress and listen to great new music. So far it has been a month and a half. My previous record was two weeks of working out...I think it will stick this time.

First time staying at the Ace Hotel in Portland: This is the coolest hotel ever! Erin and I came here to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. Picture an old classic hotel (for all you Phx cats...similar to the Hotel San Carlos) given a completely modern look- filled with minimalist, eco-modern furniture; a record player/mp3 player in every room; bicycles for rent; and amazing unique artist murals in many rooms (in my fave artsy style). Plus...when we walked in to check-in, they were playing Pinback on a record player- another first.

First time doing this. Let's just say it was the most interesting, awkward, crazy experience of my life. Happy anniversary to us...should have went for the standard deep tissue massage.

First time I was spoken to as an adult by a politician: Barack Obama's speech on race in America was amazing. If you haven't watched it yet...go get a late pass here. Neil writes a great post about it here. PS...Add him to your blogrolls!

Hope this finds you all alive and well! I will be out in Phoenix next week starting Thursday morning...Erin will be joining me on Friday out there...and we will both be out to support the Grand Opening of the new Rise UP store at ground level of the Hotel San Carlos in Downtown Phoenix. Hope to see you all there! The events are open to everyone...so bring all you know!!! Info can be found here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? A colon cleansing? For your 2nd wedding anniversary? No vacancies at the bed and breakfast? hahaha...

Looking forward to seeing you and Erin next weekend.

boarderdudet said...

is it wierd that the first i'm most jealous of is the colon cleanse?

glad you both had a great time celebrating. I'm stoked i'm going to be seeing you this weekend. erin's coming right?

Ashley Owlita said...

Yeeup...I get in on Thursday morning...and Erin will be out there come Friday late-afternoon...just in time to celebrate!

Looking forward to seeing you both!

African Kelli said...

Um, weird anniversary gift but bravo on the gym membership! That is very cool.
Bad travel timing on my part, but I'll be in Portland next weekend when you are here. Let's high-five mid-air.

Caro said...

i cried when i heard his race speech. seriously. im going to PA this weekend to knock on some doors for him and i couldn't be happier.