Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming this June...


Hey Friends...

These last few months have been very exciting for me on many levels. Perhaps, the biggest thing has been my career- as many of you know I have been employed full-time as Director of Youth Ministries at Nativity Lutheran Church for 2 1/2 years. I love my job, the people and students I work with, and the community that encourages freedom of thought, conversation, and social action.

Over the last two years, I have also been heavily involved as a volunteer with Rise Up International- an organization committed to ending the exploitation of children worldwide. I am currently serving as the president of their Board of Directors. While not a religious organization, it has been an amazing outlet for me to put my beliefs, theology, and values into practice.

Starting June 1st of this year, I will officially go part-time at Nativity and begin to work part-time at Rise Up. At Nativity we will be hiring a female associate director to implement a "team-approach" to our youth ministries. At Rise Up, I will be the only paid administrative staff stateside and serve as National Coordinator. It will be my job to develop resources for the organization and empower volunteers and interns to get involved and use their unique gifts and skills meet the needs of kids worldwide. I am really excited!!!

Please keep me in your thoughts as I move towards June. I am terribly nervous, amped, scared, and motivated...I'll take any advice I can get- and will keep you all posted as June grows closer.

2 comments:

Our Love To Admire said...

I don't have any advice for you. One becuase I am not wise enough, Two because you don't need it. Your very well equip for this change. Even though I don't know exactly what shoes you'll be stepping into, you have very beautiful feet and I know you will do some mighty good stepping. I am killing this feet analogy but you get the picture. Also, you have huge support from the people that love you. It may not mean much right now, but I got your back. Yes, oh yes...I do

Robin Krill said...

That is very exciting news Ron. We will be praying for you and everyone else involved during this transition.