Monday, February 11, 2008

Quickish...


So much on my mind, I just can't recline...breathe in- Blackstar's "respiration"

Life has been quite crazy as of late- the two week trek of awesome was just that... awesome, and since my return to Bend I have hit the ground running on a few things...trying to remember to take the advice of Talib and Mos- breathe in...breathe out.

There is so much that I would like to blog about regarding my trip to Tijuana, Los Angeles, and AZ- but, for now- just a few highlights...

*Great conversations with Kevo, Dave, Christina, Trevor, and other participants in the Developing Hearts for Justice conference.

*Hearing Richard Rohr, Jim Forbes, and Bishop Ruiz of Chiapas speak in TJ

*Splashing thru puddles in the pouring rain as we walked ten blocks to Karaoke in Mexico...and for that matter Karaoke in general!

*Senor frogs < 5 drinks= lame Senor Frogs > 5 drinks= awesome

*Free counting crows concert

*Renewed hope for my hometown of Phoenix (I previously thought it was all strip malls and no character)...the oneplacers showed me otherwise

*Working with friends towards an exciting future for Rise Up PHX

*Super Bowl Party at my folks house...let's just say Kevo and my dad ended up in the pool with their clothes on...

*Gentleman's Jack, Christina, Aisea, Kevo, Miah, and Shells and a long freestyle rap session

*Hearing Obama speak...and getting goosebumps

*Speaking at La Casa on immigration...

*Best coffee ever in Santa Monica at the Funnel Mill

*As always, reconnecting with old friends and meeting new friends...

Thanks to everyone who was a part of the journey- I look forward to seeing many of you again soon when Erin and I come out for the Grand Opening of the Rise Up store. I am sure I will elaborate more on some of these events in the future, I just needed a place to put them down in the meantime...love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Garret said...

free counting crows???

Ashley Owlita said...

Yeah man- with all of the super bowl hooplah- the NFL hosted a free counting crows show to thank everyone in the city for their hospitality.

It was a great show- not too crowded and great seats...