Sunday, January 20, 2008

Two Week Trek of Awesome


Welp, I am sitting in the airport right now awaiting my flight to Los Angeles. I just had the most painless check-in/security walk thru EVER! I know this is a rare thing...so I'll skip the bragging...

I am heading out on what will be a two week trek of awesome. First stop is Los Angeles to hang with some friends from Risen, then drive down with Trevor + Christina to San Diego where we will meet Kevo + Dave (my boss and friend) for a conference called "developing hearts for justice."

The conference sounds like it will be awesome as we start in San Diego and head across the border for the Tijuana where we stay in community with deported immigrants at a Catholic mission called casa del migrantes. There, we will join with 150 other participants for conversations and workshops led by Richard Rohr, Brian McLaren, George Johnson, James Forbes, Samuel Ruiz (Bishop of Chiapas), and some others I am less familiar with. I love that this conference on justice will be held in Tijuana as opposed to other conferences talking about justice held at the Hyatt Ballroom.

I'll keep you all posted on how the conference turned out- blogging about it here in the future. Post Tijuana, Kevo and I will head to the garment district in Los Angeles with good friends Miah + Shelly for a day of buying for the new RISE UP PHX Boutique. Kevo and I will then head back to Phx for a week of fun, fundraisers, street team training, 1st Fridays, possible community dinner with Kelli and Adam???, drinks with Sam, B ball with Mark, speaking at Neil's youth group + One Place, and of course some time with my fam.

For those of you who read this blog- I cannot wait to kick it this week (8 of 15 from my blogroll)!!! It has been over a year since my last time in AZ! See you soon!

PS. I am flying Horizon Air- they serve free micro brew beer and local wine on their flights...here's to being buzzed before I get off the plane!

2 comments:

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

Can you touch Richard Rohr when you are in Mexico so there is still a little bit of his aura lingering when you get to Phoenix? He is pretty much a BAMF.

Anonymous said...

No question marks about it buddy...you're coming. It's on the calendar.

Hope TJ is awesome. BE SAFE. I know you guys are going there to do good things, but that doesn't mean the place is suddenly filled with all good people.

Looking forward to hanging out!