Monday, May 5, 2008

Recipe for a Sunday Afternoon...


It has been a crazy stressful week-

Sunday afternoon was much needed...

1 Part Celebration: Erin found out that she has been hired to teach Language Arts at Mountain View High School next year

1 Part great weather enabling deck reading

1 Part Gin & Tonic, 2 Parts Fat Tire for me
1 Part Margarita for Erin

1 Part Jim Wallis' The Great Awakening, 1 Part Brian McLaren's Everything Must Change for me
1 Part Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5 for Erin

1 Part Minus the Bear's Menos El Oso, 1 Part Paul Simon's Graceland, 1 Part U2's War, and 1 Part Fugees' the Score

1 Pearl of Wisdom- changing the way the green conversation is framed... "environment crisis," becomes "overconsumption crisis." I think it makes it more personal.

Thanks again friends for the Obama & Wright conversation...it felt very constructive, and enhanced my perspective for sure.

Have a great Week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an outstanding afternoon my friend! I am jealous. Looking to find just the right mix for one of those days soon myself. Thanks for the recipe. I love you bro!

Robin Krill said...

I am so happy for Erin. Please pass along my congrats to her!!! Teachers are the coolest :-)

Lewis Cash said...

I second robin, teachers are cool.